UX/UI programmer with C and C++ skills (remote)
Our customer, a Swedish game studio, is looking for a UX/UI programmer with excellent C and C++ skills to join a project making a AAA 3rd person co-op shooter in a proprietary (heavily modded Stingray) engine.
In the centre of the project is to co-operate in design and implementation of user interfaces ranging from elements of the Gameplay HUD, (text) displays, menus and game elements. Furthermore, the consultant will be working with debugging the UI for ensuring a stable product and smooth gaming experience. On top of that, coordinating with backend developers and ensuring that features work properly with the servers are part of your work.
In order to success in the project, you should find yourself in these:
- You have 3 or more years of experience in game development and you have shipped a (AAA) title
- Excellent C and C++ skills
- Experience as a (gameplay) programmer, preferably as a UI programmer
- Hands on experience with multiplayer game programming, ideally in a peer-to-peer environment
- Able to create well-encapsulated systems which work together as the tools in a toolbox to create a cohesive and engaging UX
- Great familiarity of game technologies such as physics, animation, artificial intelligence and the ability to use them to create fun and emergent gameplay
- Knowledge of 3D math foundation in linear algebra, vectors and matrices
- Good understanding of kinaesthetic appeal
In case you find yourself or someone you know in these, please hit us up!
Duration: The start is asap and the project continues 6 months.
Location: Remote (but you have to be able to work during 10am-3pm CET)
Freelancing through Witted
Witted helps freelance software developers and designers to find the projects that match their skills and preferences, all for free. The only thing you need to do is to tell us what you’re looking for in your next project.
Interested in a project?
Our agents are standing by, ready to fill you in on any of our projects and be your helping hand along the way to make sure you have all the tools you need to land the gig. If you're already working with Witted, please log in to Witted Hub to contact our agents.